Saturday, July 5

Who's calling these magnets ugly?


photo.jpg
Originally uploaded by Jean 1
It's time once again to revist the subject of vacations. Jean 1 and I both have a few travel plans for the summer.
I first traveled, with my husband to Mexico (his favorite travel destination) for a week in June. We had a lovely time, the resort had 11 pools and wonderful food. But most importantly, I found a truly ugly magnet...made more perfect only by the fact that the name for the area to which we traveled was put on UPSIDE DOWN. Yep! That would be the one for Jean 2.
Next, I traveled to Chicago with a couple of friends for a 40th birthday girls weekend. We saw the musical "Wicked", went on a shoreline cruise, got Johnny Depp's autograph and ate wonderful food and participated in terrific shopping. But, again, most importantly....I found a hideous magnet. (Judge for yourself...it's the one on the right in the photo) It has been my most expensive purchase when it comes to ugly magnets. $5.99. It has the perfect patina, the right size orientation and. AND. It GLOWS in the dark...and the eyes...those red eyes...they reflect light. (Deep sigh of satisfaction)

My only regret? I gave these to Jean 2 on Thursday...the day she left for her vacation with her family. I'm now thinking I should have waited until she returned, because anyone that knows her knows that she is now on a search to somehow top my most excellent gifts. ;)

5 Commenting on your genius-ness:

Jean 2 said...

Again I say-you broke some rule. That is the most HIDEOUS thing I have ever seen and I detest it with a mad passion!! I tried to top it but even I must admit I might have fell short of that task. A picture of Jean1's magnet from Gulf Shores is on the way to this blog. Readers-you decide! ;)

Laurie said...

Call me crazy but I actually like that little gargoyle. Cute guy, in an i-want-to-suck-your-blood way. ;)

Donna B. said...

ok, Laurie....I'll call you crazy! I feel like it is the epitome of ugly. I feel rather proud to be the one to have spent my energy, time and money finding it.

Jean 2 said...

Laurie-what is your address? I can have that to you FED-EX style (that is where my hubby works)!
;)

Laurie said...

ROFL - it's cute and I'm sure my 7yDS would also agree. :)

Watch out Jean2 - I've started an ugly magnet thing with Jean1 too. Did you not SEE the hideous HORSE TEETH on her fridge??