Sunday, August 17

Discontentment? Content? Life and its changes!

I sit here on a Sunday morning feeling content...yet a slighty feeling of discontentment goes along with that. I just finished making blueberry muffins, reading my bible, and now I am drinking coffee. I feel blessed. My hubby and I couldn't be getting along better. J has recently started HS (sniff sniff) but she is determined to get good grades-always-and be the best dressed while making a statement with her clothing-not in a show body piercings (only her ears) and black leather way, but in an exceptionally fashionable way. She has a flare for style. I love to see what she is going to put together next. This year she will be doing volleyball, school cheer, track, student council, and a few clubs that have yet to be decided. ;)
H is laying low. She is not a fan of school. She is smart and gets good grades but is ready to be done! She is entering her second year of HS. This also is hard to believe since I have known her since kindergarten. Crazy!
B has recently moved in with her mom to another town. Although I am at peace with this, I know it hurts my hubby. He is doing better than I thought and being very accepting of her transition. She seems happy and has plenty of friends. I truly wish her the best. I have known her since she was 3 and raised her up until now so life has certainly thrown our family a curve.
I go back to everything happens for a reason. There is a reason she needs to do this. She might meet her future there...all in God's plan. ;)
It goes without saying that since the darlings are all back in school...so am I. This is my second year teaching middle school. I still love it. I love my new group-I anticipate this to be a great year. I just can't believe how fast time goes...my seventh year of teaching!! WHAT? How can that be? Didn't I just graduate? I just can't get a grasp on time. It amazes me. I must get on with my life rather than sit around and think...two years ago-this is where my family was and what we were doing...5 years ago....so forth and so on....I tend to daydream and drift off wishing things were different instead of simply enjoying the present. This is always the hardest on me when school starts-every year is a milestone and makes me look back on the previous years for all of us. Fall brings about special memories.
So-I am discontent...yet content. Simply weird!

2 Commenting on your genius-ness:

LJameson said...

Wow! It sounds like there are lots of changes in your house. I hope that this school year continues to be great for all of you!

Erica said...

Sounds like you have been busy. Lots of changes. Hope you have a great year.