Thursday, May 22

BIRTHDAY BLISS!

Although it didn't start out that way. Although before I forget, Jean1 and Jean3 (who is BACK home) had me over to Jean3's house for some sushi and gifts on Sunday! A small surprise! ;) Thank you besties! And sure I got my usual phone call from mom-ok two phone calls-the woman LOVES me. My husband gave me a white gold heart necklace with diamonds-so pretty. My daughter instantly told me Happy Birthday. All was well on the homefront...however, I had some friends/colleagues play a rather interesting joke on me...those that know me well and are my closest friends know how special I think my birthday is...therefore it is not to be ignored. But it was. At first. All the teachers were in on NOT saying anything other than a casual happy birthday-now I don't just think my birthday is special-I recognize all their birthdays as well. My feelings weren't as hurt as one might think-it was more like...grrrrrrrr....what is their problem? My best teacher friend ask me to go with her to Dollar General on our conference time-during that time-I vent to her and ask her what is their deal? Why has no one acknowledged my birthday? I knew her plans for me. She told me Happy Birthday and we had a dinner date. She was in the clear. No one else was. She played stupid. We were gone 20 minutes and when we came back I was greeted with a small but delightful party! A cake with a crown and wand. Some gifts. And some RECOGNITION. A small bouquet of flowers that had been delivered earlier were in the middle of the table -FROM MY WONDERFUL AND THOUGHTFUL DAUGHTER. ;) They purposely kept them from me until my party. They said they couldn't take my pouting anymore. hee hee I thought I handled myself well. Whatever could they have been talking about.
Needless to say, all was well in my world after that and it just got better...STACEY (would like you to her fabulous blog if I could remember h0w-Jean1 ?) shows up with one of her famous cakes in the shape of a flip flop. On the cake it said, "OLD NAVY sz. Donna!" HA! I loved it. Strawberry. My favorite. My family all took me to dinner at Lamberts that night. Jean1 and her family joined in the festivities.
I am just blessed. Often ungrateful, but the Lord knows my heart and continues to bless me with wonderful friends that continually pray for me and try to teach me lessons. ;) Good for them.
The birthday festivities/blessings continued on for me in little way for 3 days. I have never had a bad birthday. Life is good. Just wish I would not have to grow older-but isn't that a blessing-really?
The funny thing is I got some of the same card by some friends. They know me well.
A history and healthy relationship is so important among friends!
I am blessed!!

2 Commenting on your genius-ness:

kizzy72 said...

Glad it turned out to be such a lovely day! Yes, history with friends is a blessing:-). I guess we can put up with getting older if it means more history between us.

Donna B. said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday...I'm also glad that your teacher friends made you sweat it out a little bit. Hee hee

Love ya...