Tuesday, September 4

My Funk and "My Friends-The Remedy!"

Last week I had a case of the doldrums-better known as my funk. There was nothing really to be down about...I just simply was...everyone gets like that once in a while. That is life...I was told today to *count my blessings*-well of course I do that and there are many to count-and that should immediately cheer everyone up- right? Maybe it should-but let's face it- sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes life is just what it is...life. And you just have to perservere. ;) So we had a three day weekend coming up...and I casually email two of my BEST friends (Jean1 and Jean3) that I was in a funk and needed some cheering up. I meant maybe a cheery email or a quote to inspire me and those are great things but like always, they gave me BETTER things.
I get a phone call on Saturday from Jean3 who is currently in Nebraska and conspired with Jean 1 already. She told me to pack my bags and head to KC for a girls shopping, talking, eating and crying trip. All inclusive! So I tell my hubby what I am going to do...he didn't LOVE it but he understood and Sunday Jean1 and I were OFF to KC. Just when we thought there wasn't anything we didn't know about each other-we find out a few more things. There were tears, confrontations and perspectives shared. It was all good because we were in our *safe place!* Our hubbies are also of course our safe place but face it....we are women...and there are more things OTHER women can relate to. And that is what we do. I am proud of what the three of us have together-a DEEP connection that allows us to just be us. A DEEP acceptance of one another and their flaws. And most importantly-a DEEP love that overcomes anything we say...because we know each others hearts. Not being mushy-but it is true. And it is rare. We only get stronger!
This trip wasn't just FOR me-we all needed it and I THANK GOD he allowed it! ;)

3 Commenting on your genius-ness:

Donna B. said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh! (those are tears) I did love this trip...warts and all! :) Thanks for being a big part of who I am today and will be in 50 years in our nursing home (I call shot gun on the Oats bus). ;)

Erica said...

Awesome friends!

kizzy72 said...

You both know I get the back seat on the bus!!! Oh, thank you, Jean 2, for writing this beautiful recollection of our spur-of-moment trip. Our trips always do turn into so much more than just "vacations"...I am SOOOOO lucky to know you and Jean 1!!! And I feel luckier all the time.