Monday, September 17

I have been physically away from the blogs for a little over a week..not missing reading them, but recovering from a not so serious but painful thumb incident....yes, I'm calling it an incident. :)

I have been thinking a lot about my relationships. Not my familial ones, although they do bring me great joy, but my friends. I am abundantly blessed with true friends of the heart. Many of them I have known for at least 15 years, a couple longer. The beauty I am now finding is that we grow closer each year as we learn to live with ourselves a bit more and learn to see others with new eyes.
This past week, during my "down time" I began reading some books that I spied in the wonderland that is the library. I was drawn to them by the pictures on the covers of the books. (Yes, it is another case of checking out as many books in a series as possible...this set had five books so I grabbed them) The books are Sisterschicks on the Loose, Sisterchicks do the Hula, Sisterchicks in Somberos, Sisterchicks Down Under, Sisterchicks say Ooh La la, and Sisterchicks in Gondolas.

The definition of a Sisterchick?
Sisterchick: a friend who shares the deepest wonders of your heart, loves you like a sister, and provides a reality check when you're being a brat.

Today I called Jean 3 and said "I know what we are to each other...we are sisterchicks! You, me and Jean 2." and she said "I've always wanted a sister and here I have two!" EXACTLY

I have a couple of sister chicks that I have know a little less time than the Jeans, but to them I go by the name of Margaret, they are Gertrude and Ethyl. We chat via messenger sometimes, we are planning our own getaways for 40th birthdays (Their choices will be fulfilled first since they are joyfully OLDER than I am , muhaaaahaaaw!)

I am thankful the the wonderful woman God has put in my life, given me joy in my hearts for them and blessed my very spirit with theirs.

Question of the day: If you could go anywhere with your sisterchick, where would it be and why?

2 Commenting on your genius-ness:

Erica said...

That is a good post. Were the books good? I would be happy just hanging out w/ Stacey, cause yes, I would consider her my sisterchick, at her house, with a cake. :) Well just hanging out and a chicken salad sandwich from the tea room. Food is on my mind.

Jean 2 said...

I would go anywhere with you and Jean 3 -ANYWHERE! Name it-I am there. Tampon party? Sure! ;)
I like the sisterchick title. So-enjoy your evening my sisterchick and I will see you Sunday. Where we will go ANYWHERE together! :)