Monday, November 6

Enter Julie Andrews.....(music swells, as the thunder rolls)

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

-
On that note...a few of my favorite things:
Butterfly kisses, Hershey's kisses and baby kisses
fresh baked bread
my canon rebel
laptop
scrapbook papers
adobe photoshop
books
my glider rocking chair
down comforters
jeans that fit well, not too tight, not too loose
the way my hair feels when I leave the salon (how do they do it?)
the look my son gives me when is really excited
the way my youngest asks to eat a "koala bear" translation= granola bar
the way my oldest looks in her glasses....so classy
the way my second plays with younger kids, so maternal and sweet
my tassimo (they even sell them at walmart now!)
target
scrapbook magazines
blogging
a hug from a friend
my stack of letters from my dh when he was just my fiance'


more as i ponder are sure to follow, these were my timed two minute steam of thoughts. What are yours?

2 Commenting on your genius-ness:

Stacey said...

What's a tassimo?

I am totally singing that song in my head now...I've always loved it but didn't know all the words!

Donna B. said...

A tassimo, my friend, is an esspresso, cappucino, latte, coffe, cocoa, tea, etc....pod based machine! In other words, a MIRACLE.