Wednesday, October 25

Do you smell that?

So, in my last post I told you about the Birthday Girl. Now, I'm going to tell you about the Birthday party.

Bria decided that she wanted to have a movie party that included a couple hours at our church's teen Friday night hang out. They had a lot of fun, ate fun snacks, played games and then headed to "bed" sometime around 1:30am. All was going well so I headed off to bed. At 2am I hear Bria at the bedroom door, panicked...."Mom, come quick...the downstairs toilet is flooding!" (Groan!!!!) I run downstairs to a bathroom that has 1/4" of water in the floor. After further investigation, we also discovered water in the storage room that contains the pump. (Lovely!) Accompanying the water was a lovely smell of toilet water (sniff, gag, cough....ahhhhh)
After an hour of mopping, the girls being chased into a different room due to the glorious smell, I headed off to bed and awaited the time to call the plumber the next morning.
And now...every time one of our sweet little guests smells the pungent aroma of sewer water, they will happily remember the night of joy and fun AND my daughter...it's it great!

2 Commenting on your genius-ness:

Stacey said...

Oh no! But also - hahahaha!

Laurie said...

Awwwwwwwwwww - what a loverly memory to tie that smell to! LOVERLY. ;) And tell that girl that I IM'd her a bday wish but she hasn't logged in in, like, forever (teen lango). Send her my love. :)