Wednesday, November 5

AMERICA HAS SPOKEN! ELECTION 2008!

I am a political junkie. Not always a knowledgeable political junkie-but I do enjoy the campaigns, watching the news and basically soaking up as much knowledge as I can about the candidates! I like watching the debates and learning. I like to discuss politics. Again, I am not always as knowledgeable as some people are but I like to hear their view points and learn from them as well. Respectfully.
BARACK OBAMA has won. Did I vote for him? No, I did not. Do I think this is the end of America as we know it? Honestly, I do not. I was actually undecided off and on throughout this campaign and when I went to the polls, I went with my gut instinct and voted for McCain. I watched the electoral votes roll in last night as the United States were covered in red and blue. I was hoping for a tighter race. McCain did deserve that much. However, America has spoken and now I hope we can unite and make a change.
I was impressed with McCain's concession speech. Incredibly honorable. I did cry. Not because Obama won but because I felt McCain's loss. I was equally impressed with Obama's acceptance speech. I think Obama is a decent man and I hope he can do all he has promised. If he does, I pray all will be well.
Now the real issue that is bothering me...I realize history was made last night. We do have an "African American" as a president. However, do we not also have a "Caucasian" as a president? Barack Obama is both.
I am not being racist. I simply don't understand why Barack Obama cannot be considered simply an AMERICAN! Race supposedly was not THE issue this campaign. So, why after Barack won did all of a sudden it become an issue?
I honestly hope we can get on with WHAT Barack Obama CAN do rather than WHAT he is...AMERICA HAS SPOKEN!

0 Commenting on your genius-ness: